My husband, infant son and I moved to Forest Acres just three short summers ago. And though I may not have realized it at the time, it was the best decision we ever made. I have absolutely loved living in Forest Acres, and for many reasons … so here are a few:
It takes me twelve minutes to get from our home to downtown Columbia. I am a full-time working outside the home wife and mom. I need to be able to get to work quickly in the morning, run home during lunch on occasion, and get home in the evening without it taking thirty minutes and getting a headache from traffic.
There is a strong sense of pride among those that live in this area. We care about each other. We desire a strong and safe community in which to live and raise our kids.
We also have some pretty great community functions like Rooftop Rhythms and the lighting of the Richland Mall’s Christmas tree.
3. My Favorite Grocery Store
Is just three minutes away. I am a huge Publix fan. Shopping there IS a pleasure and I can get in and out quickly.
2. The Shopping
We have some great shops in Forest Acres! Here are some of my favorites:
- BeBeep – a great little toy shop that I frequent for birthday gifts for my kids’ friends as well as my nice and nephew … and they gift wrap for FREE!
- Trader Joe’s – 2 buck chuck anyone?
- Cottage and Vine – a chic home boutique on Forest Drive, near Trader Joe’s
- Anthropologie – a favorite for beautiful, unique clothes, home accessories and gifts!
- J. Crew – all things preppy and I want one of each, please
- Loft – their dresses fit me perfectly … and they have all the cardigans a girl could want
- Fab’rik – a great little clothing boutique in Trenholm Plaza
- Bevello – another fabulous clothing boutique in Trenholm Plaza
1. The Food!!
From fast food to sit-down, we’ve got some pretty great eateries:
- Groucho’s Deli – famous for the STP Dipper and 45 sauce (according to my husband!)
- Baskin-Robbins – one scoop or two?
- The Original Pancake House – popular with families on Saturday mornings – come as you are, messy hair and all!
- Tombo Grille – a great little restaurant that seems to be the place we go to celebrate birthdays
- Zoe’s Kitchen – we are big fans of their family meals!
- Tazza Kitchen – this is really one of our most favorite places for both a cocktail and a fun evening out
- Rosso Trattoria Italia – if you’re a fan of Italian food, this is the place for you
That’s just the tip of the iceberg … there is SO much more to this area of town. If you’re interested in learning more about this community, click this link: Forest Acres, SC.