We’re going LEGO crazy on this special Sensory Friendly Day at the State Museum
On this day visitors will be able to enjoy a less crowded environment, a designated sensory room, light and sound reduction when possible, and a special themed activity presented by SC Autism. School groups and families with special needs are invited to share this time and space with others facing similar challenges in a safe, understanding environment. Guests are encouraged to bring equipment including wheelchairs, walkers, noise reducing headphones, and other technology.
ADMISSION: Sensory Friendly Day activities are open to the general public and groups! Museum general admission on this day is FREE for children, students and ONE adult. General admission for additional adults in your party is $8.95. Planetarium and 4D shows are $3 each.
This Nov. 13 you can experience sensory friendly fun, including:
- Special Rev. Dr. Solomon Jackson, Jr. 4D Theater showings of the, The LEGO® Movie™ 4-D Experience® (run time: 16 minutes), at 1 p.m. with lowered volume. Please note: these shows will still include enhanced effects, including bursts of air, rumbling seats, leg ticklers, bubbles and snow, lighting effects, and squirts of water.
- Continue the LEGO themed fun with special activites such as, builing a robo-buddy with our Lego WeDo 2.0 robotics kits and more!
- Special sensory-friendly BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Planetarium showings at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. with lowered volume and lights raised in the event guests need to move about.
- If it is a sunny day guests can also enjoy solar viewing in the Boeing Observatory from 11:30am-12:30pm. PLUS live solar images will be projected on the screens throughout the day.
- Access to Calming Spaces and Resource Rooms will be available throughout the day.
School groups and other pre-formed groups are welcome to attend and participate in Sensory Friendly Day activities! Groups do need to be booked in advance so contact group visits to setup your visit today at [email protected] or call (803)898-4999.