I bet you have had a week, or weeks, that are bleak. It seems like the world is crashing in, and when nothing else can go wrong … BOOM. It does. When it rains, it pours. And so on.
But I bet you’re actually absolutely killing it as a woman and as a mom. I know you have days and weeks when you feel like that, and I want to invite you to celebrate your small and large victories.
Brag about yourself and your accomplishments. I know it feels weird for some of us to admit how awesome we actually are, but DO IT! Unashamedly, unapologetically. Celebrate amazing you.
So, not to toot my own horn, but I KILLED IT this week. I balanced that work-life thing like a champ. Was it perfect? No. Did I still have an argument or two with my better half and become impatient with my toddler? Of course I did, I’m not a machine. But I’m celebrating my awesome-ness, right here, right now.
- I planned an art program at the library as a paint mixing activity to create a storm cloud. And it rained on the day we did it. How perfect! What a magical lead in to my story time! And I know this isn’t something I had control over, but I’m still counting it.
- I slayed in not one, but two meetings this week. And I got this other tough thing done, and I’m really proud of the work I put into it and that what we wanted to happen is going to happen.
- I packed my lunch four out of five days and didn’t eat a Chick-fil-A happy meal once.
- I went to the gym Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and I didn’t even complain about it.
- I drank a lot of water. (I said we were celebrating even the small victories.)
- I made a birthday cake for a dear friend and it looks spectacular. She’s going to lose it when she sees it.
- I helped one friend through a hard day, and was honest with another even though I was afraid to be.
- I got up early every day this week so I could say yes to that “come snuggle” request I get every morning from my toddler.
I’m so hard on myself. And I know you are too. So let’s stop for a minute, and talk about how we are killing it. I hope you’ll comment how you rocked this week so we can take turns celebrating each other on our small and large victories!