It seems like every app and fitness plan out there lists the typical workout options – cardio, yoga, weightlifting, swimming… Don’t get me wrong. I love yoga. I’ve even tried doing it with my toddler (albeit unsuccessfully). Hey, I’m a member of the gym too, but when did I last have the time, even with free babysitting, to have a full workout to myself? I’m not sure.
This year, I had to step up and plan to lose a few pounds. So, if that’s your New Year’s resolution also and you already have a healthy diet, check this out.
STOP worrying about how to find time to add in a workout, play with your kids, do the errands, and clean the house. After all, we’re not superhuman. Instead, add these activites to your health tracker numbers.
Did you know you burn around 100 calories in just half an hour by…
- Playing with your kids outside.
- Pushing a stroller, carrying an infant, or walking the dog.
- Getting ready – if you spend time holding a hair dryer and doing your hair, makeup, etc.
- Hand washing and drying dishes while you watch a show or listen to an audiobook.
- Walking while on a phone call.
- Washing windows while listening to music.
- Doing laundry and putting it away.
- Picking up the clutter or decorating the house.
- Going shopping. YES! You can burn calories while shopping (as if we needed another reason to go to Target).
- Putting away the groceries.
Here are ways to burn around 100 calories in only 15 minutes…
- Scrubbing the bathroom.
- Going for a swim with the kids.
- Doing the yard work.
- Going up and down the stairs.
See how easy that is? And now you don’t have to figure out how to keep up with your to-do list and squeeze in a workout – you can do both at once! See, you are already doing better than you thought. So, I hope that’s motivation for your New Year’s goals.
Looking for additional ideas? Try these activities. Get it, Mama!